Everybody is enjoying the outdoors during this time of the year.
Are you looking for a yummy drink to serve your family?
Today, TLG is providing you with a summertime drink that your family will love. This is perfect for celebrating Memorial Day this weekend.
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon peel
- 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 cups of cold sparkling water or club soda
- Mint sprigs, garnish
- Whole strawberries, garnish
- In a medium saucepan, add the water and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Add the lemon peel and lemon juice, stir and remove from heat. Let cool completely and strain into a clean pitcher.
- In a blender, puree the pint of strawberries and add to the pitcher. Stir well and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Add the sparkling water or club soda and stir well. Pour into glasses with ice. Serve garnished with mint and strawberries.
This idea, ingredients and instructions were found on: http://what2cook.net/2013/05/25/sparkling-strawberry-lemonade/
Check out our Pinterest board, Summer Time Musts, for more ideas and information.
Written by: Abby Hendricks